Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Angels Watchin' Over Little Will


All night, all day, angels watchin' over me, my Lord.
All night, all day, angels watchin' over me.

All night, all day, angels watchin' over little Will.
All night, all day angels watchin' over Will.

Have you heard this song?  It's an old spiritual that is just so wonderful.  Take a second to listen to the video at the end of this post.  I promise your heart will swell...  :)

This is the first song that popped into my head when I held Will in the hospital.  Not sure where I heard the song - it's an old spiritual I sang it to him many times in the NICU.  It has been sung over and over and over again in our rocking chair, in his nursery, in our little home.

Though, at first, I sang to him to help him get to know my voice, to offer something familiar, and to calm and soothe my little buddy into sleeping the night away...the song has taken on a lot more meaning.  I sing it for a lot of reasons now...

...to remind myself that the Lord has not fallen asleep, He does not slumber.  He (and His angels) are watching over my baby - day and night, night and day.  I need not worry about strokes and seizures and kidnappers and SIDS and everything else nasty that runs through a mama's mind at night...

...to proclaim to the enemy that the atmosphere above and around my baby is protected by the Lord and His warriors.  Satan and his minions have no place in our home.

...to sing the Truth.  The more I sing what is True, the distance between my head and my heart becomes less and less.  My heart is transformed, my mind is transformed.  My strength to believe is renewed, my spirit is encouraged.  I continue to have hope.

...to praise the Lord for His watchfulness, His care, His nearness.  He loves my little one more than I ever could.  He watches over Will, sings over him, delights in him.  Praise the Lord for His Father heart.

...to pray for God's continued watchfulness.  Oh, how my little Will needs Him.  Oh, how our little family needs Him.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig