Saturday, August 3, 2013

Today's Letters


Dear Sioux Center,
I love your trees, your little boulevard, your bike trail...  I love walking past the football field, the swimming pool, some lovely friends' houses...  I love quiet walks through your neighborhoods, little town.

Dear Will,
Wowza.  Jackpot.  I found out that if you get three naps a day, you giggle and smile every other waking moment.  You also slept from 8:30-5:30 last night.  You are an angel child.  Quit making all the other mamas out there jealous.  It's really not very nice.  Also, I am thinking about cutting your hair - you have a nasty cowlick in the back.  Also also, I may kiss your cheeks right off your face.  The odds are high...

Dear Mark,
Come home soon, and quit going on so many trips.  Will and I miss you.  We want to have family cuddle time again.  Since you are doing ministry sorts of things, I suppose we will try to be patient...

Dear Iced Decaf Americanos,
You bring so much joy to my life.  Thank you ever so much.

Dear Garden,
I gave up on you.  I'm so sorry. Let's try again next year with raised beds, mmmkay?

Dear Self,
Never start a garden for the first time when your baby is under three months.  Dumb, dumb idea.

Dear Ina Garten,
I am in love with you and your husband and your food adventures.  Can I come over soon-ish?

Dear Jesus,
You are so good to me.  Thank you for throwing some happy things in to brighten up some of the stressful days.  You are a Good Encourager.  Love you lots and lots.

Sincerely,
Liza Jane DeYounge

Share:

1 comment

  1. I love Ina too....with her blue shirts and her deep throaty laugh....great post, friend. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig