Friday, February 27, 2015

I'm Starting a Capsule Wardrobe!



Friends.  I have been doing some major overhaul in the clothing department these days.  I am LOVING the results.  Thought I'd share some of my journey with you...

I stumbled upon THIS blog about a year ago and was interested immediately.  This same kind of approach in clothing is sometimes called a "capsule wardrobe"...

So.  What is a capsule wardrobe?
Your best bet would be to Google "capsule wardrobe" and let the pros teach you a thing or two about this.  If you want to know my two cents, though, I think a capsule wardrobe encompasses a few great things.
  1. Clothes you LOVE.
  2. Clothes that are easily mixed and matched - lots of no brainer outfits!
  3. A limited amount of clothing items...  This forces you to be extremely purposeful and stewardly about your shopping, discourages waste and really cuts down on hoarding.  Score.
WHY a capsule wardrobe?
Because I am ridiculous, that's why.  My closet was overflowing with clothes I hated, and though I continued to spend money on clothes, I was continuing to end up with clothes I still hated.  Deciding on an outfit for a day was a chore, packing for a trip was a nightmare, and overall, I just hated the way I looked and felt in my clothes.  Are you sensing a pattern?

Enter Hayley Morgan and The No Brainer Wardrobe.  I downloaded the Kindle version on my phone for a few bucks and got started.  I will say I really skimmed her book, as I thought most of it was common sense after you get the overarching idea.  Regardless, it was totally worth it.  My closet so needed an overhaul, and this was the kick in the behind I needed to get started.

Presently, I'm right in the thick of it.  I'm finding this transformation is much more of a process than a quick fix.  Every little step in the right direction, though, feels so freeing and exciting.  Finally, some stinking breakthrough, folks.

And you know what?  For the first time in my life, I think I actually am starting to love my closet.  Can't wait to share more with you! 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig