Thursday, February 12, 2015

Last Minute, Foolproof Valentines


You guys.  If you are in a Valentine's Day bind, these are the treats for you.

SO easy.  No talent or Pinterest expertise necessary.

SO cheap.  I used leftover almond bark and whatever else I had in my cupboards.  The wafer cookies are just over $1 a pack.

SO cute.  Sprinkles and chocolate?  Pink?  Yes, please.

I threw a handful of cookies in plastic treat bags with a little baker's twine and tag, and they were just so delightful.  I almost gave them a hug.  But then I remembered they were just cookies.

Yesterday, I packed up the kiddos and drove all over town shoving these in people's mailboxes.  Please don't tell the Feds.  I also may have gone through the Hardee's drive-through for some hash rounds.  Sustenance for the long drive, of course.

Obviously, I did not invent this idea myself - I am smart, but not THAT smart.  Here are a couple tutorials and interpretations to browse through.

Valentine's Day Chocolate Dipped Wafer Cookies :
http://flouronmyface.com/2013/01/valentines-day-chocolate-dipped-wafer-cookies.html

Easy Valentine's Day Cookies:
http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2014/01/easy-valentines-day-cookies.html
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig