Friday, January 26, 2018

Stay-At-Home Fun


Do you have the flu?!  Just about everyone and their dog does around here.  Because of the rampant sickness and a timely blizzard, we've spent most of this week and the last at home.

Okay, I'll be honest...  Because of the rampant sickness and a blizzard AND mostly because I just really like staying home and now I have a good excuse, we've been hermits.  It's been the best.


Although I've enjoyed the homebody time, the kids have been getting a little stir crazy.  We've been digging out all of the toys that haven't been played with in forever and reinventing new activities to keep us busy.


I think I am blogging about this, mostly, because I want to remember what our stay-at-home life was like in this season.  I'm dreading the big kid season with all of its soccer games, band concerts and crazy schedules that will force us to, like, go places and talk to people.  Ugh.  #introvertproblems  Anyway, I'll savor these little moments and lazy afternoons while they last, I think.


Our favorite staying-in activities these days include...
  • These spikey blocks.  What are they actually called?
  • Dollar store dish tubs with bubbles and toys that "need" to be washed.
  • Color books + markers
  • Dr. Seuss books
  • Forts, nests + slumber parties (don't ask me to distinguish between the three) using ALL the blankets and pillows and stuffed animals in our house.
  • Play-doh + kinetic sand kits, especially the snow ones!
  • Princess + superhero dress up
  • Wrestling with Daddy and playing "Kung Fu Panda"
And, just for fun, I'll leave you with this very informative infographic, courtesy of a fun Facebook friend.  :)

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig