Thursday, August 4, 2016

Today's Letters

Dear Mark,
It has been so good to have you home for an entire summer for once.  I could really get used to this.

Dear Noonday,
Your new fall line is stunning.  STUNNING.  And so creative and inventive.  I am so proud of you.  High fives all around.

Dear Will,
My favorite sound in the world is your little voice singing songs - full hymns, even.  Singing "The Solid Rock" with you might be my very favorite part of being your mom.  PS - Can we start calling your #2 "poop" instead of "brown stuff?"  You are strange.

Dear La Croix,
You are my very favorite.  Mark and I may as well buy stock in your company because we are drinking BOAT LOADS of you this summer.  (Belch...)  Thanks for being you.

Dear Charlotte,
You keep wanting to go "stand up potty" like your brother Will.  I hate to break it to you, but the whole "standing up" part of going potty will never work for you.  ...  Also, I am so excited for your jewelry birthday party.  Yay, TWO!

Dear Cashier at Wal-Mart,
Today you asked me how long my huge load of groceries would last our family.  "A week and a half," I told you.  "Wow!" you said, "You must have a LOT of people in your family!"  Nope.  Just a hungry husband.  A really hungry one.

Dear Sansevieria Plants,
You are the BEST.  Thank you for never dying and never minding when I never water you.  How are you so chill and so cool looking, all at the same time?  You and me - we were meant for each other.  If you weren't so sharp and pointy, I might hug you.  AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE HUGS.  See the depth of my love for you?

Sincerely,
Liza DeYounge
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig