Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lost & Found


Just last year, I bought a new Bible. I had wanted it forever, but couldn't bring myself to spend the money. Finally, I broke down and got it at Barnes & Noble. It was perfect - cool colors, square, ESV, and it was a journaling Bible with wide margins. In the words of Shane Lee - just awesome.


Back in high school, I started noticing how easy it was for me to space out when I read my Bible. Nasty satan seems to steal my attention away from the Word way too easily. Anyway, I decided to start journaling...just writing my thoughts, reactions to scripture and prayers so that I would connect to what I was reading. Have been journaling ever since. I fell in love with my journaling Bible because it was like a two-for-one deal. No need to carry around a journal anymore!

Well, I had just broken my new, "just awesome" Bible in...like a pair of new shoes need to be broken in... I had lots of thoughts jotted throughout the pages, lots of sticky notes for Harp & Bowl, lots of highlights and the corners of it were just starting to get tattered a bit. AND THEN I LOST IT. Such a sad, sad day. I seriously felt like I had lost one of my most prized possessions. I remember asking God for a miracle, and asking Him why He didn't let me lose my iPod or something else stupid and "replaceable".

I prayed for my lost Bible with some friends (thank you, Erik Wiese), and then I found it in the BACK OF MY CAR two days later. Duh. I had looked in my car a thousand times, but Mark just happened to spot it laying right there out in the open. Coincidence? Maybe. I felt like it was a little miracle. I hugged it.

Thank You, God, for caring about lost treasures. Give me more of a love for Your Word...and the Truth and Joy found inside my Bible's cool cover.

Share:

2 comments

  1. It's pretty amazing what the Lord will do with 30-second prayers. Our prayer actually probably only took 10 seconds, but I had faith when I prayed because just a few days earlier (Sunday), I had the same kind of (smaller) "miracle" happen: having sold my car on Christmas Eve of 2010, it was a bit of a challenge for me to find a way to get to Kansas City...because just the night before, as my dad and I were driving our 1995 Taurus (350,000 miles) back from UHOP worship in Sioux Falls, it started to smell funny (a "burning" smell). (It ends up the transmission needed to be fixed...yikes.) So, anyways, now having 2 of our 3 vehicles either sold or hospitalized, I didn't have a way to get to Kansas City...and I had been really wanting to visit IHOP friends over Spring Break.

    So, at one point (while my parents were in the room), I paused and declared, "Watch this...(let everything be confirmed by two witnesses: Dad and Mom)...I'm going to ask my Father for a miracle. You just watch...it's going to happen!"

    An hour later, as I was talking to Taunya on the phone, she offered me her car to take to Kansas City!

    Coincidence? Nope. :)

    ReplyDelete

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig