Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Blueberry Goodness

I am on a cooking journey. I would like to be a great cook, but it just isn't happening overnight. For every good dish I make, I make about five not-so-hot ones. Sigh. Practice makes perfect, I guess! Here is one of the GOOD ones. My mom gave me the recipe a few weeks ago, and we just tried it out. I think this is one of those recipes that you can't mess up. Score!


In a 8x8 or round cake pan...
1 package blueberries (enough to generously fill the bottom of the pan), 3 T. sugar (this is what the recipe says, but I didn't use even 1 full tablespoon. I figure blueberries are sweet enough on their own.), 1/3 C. orange juice. Swirl and mix around in the pan.

Top with...
1 stick of melted butter, 1/2 c. sugar (I didn't use nearly this much either, depends on how sweet you want it!), 1/2 tsp. vanilla, 1 egg, 2/3 c. flour, 1/4 tsp. baking powder, pinch of salt. Drop by teaspoonfulls on to the top! Sprinkle with cinnamon if you want.

Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes.

I can't decide if this is a breakfast or dessert sort of thing... Thoughts?
Share:

1 comment

  1. I'm thinking breakfast if you served it with a dallup of vanilla yogurt
    ...or dessert with a scoop of Breyers Natural Vanilla...yum!

    ReplyDelete

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig