Thursday, January 24, 2019

Charlotte's Nursery


I am so pathetically behind on blogging, these are pictures from when we moved Will out of the nursery and let Charlotte move in.  Let's please just forget, for at least a few seconds, that now Charlotte has moved out of the nursery and a whole other child has moved in.  Yikes.

This room was a haphazard attempt to make Will's navy blue walls work for a girl.  Mark gave me the evil eye when I mentioned repainting, and I am wise about picking my decorating battles around the house so navy it was!


I think there is some sort of rule against mixing too many patterns, but I forgot about it when I saw this rug on clearance.  Besides, Charlotte is a wild + creative soul, so I think this fit her just right.



Do you see the scrapes on the wall and bite marks on the crib?!  Palm to forehead...  Yeah...we will never be pictured in any Better Homes + Gardens magazines anytime soon.  Feels like home to me, though, and that's what counts, right?!



My mom made a beautiful triangle quilt for Charlotte a while back - isn't it grand?  I would also like the point out the curtains I found in the tackiest junk mail magazine I have ever seen in my life - BUT THEY WERE FIFTEEN DOLLARS so who cares.



And here is a picture of me doing what I love most.  Mark says "Send help."
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig