Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Alphabet Ocean Sensory Fun


Charlotte and I hosted our preschool co-op last year and scored the letter O for ocean!  I emptied out four of our big tupperware so two kiddos could play at each little station.


The only thing I bought for this was the blue aquarium rocks for the bottom.  They are totally unnecessary, but make it look so beautiful and add to the sensory experience too.  Worth it to me!


This was a pretty independent activity.  I just gave the kids bug nets and asked them to fish around to find letters of the alphabet they recognized - or really to find any treasures!  If time would have allowed, I think they would have played for a full hour.


I dumped in lots of fish-related water toys we had on hand, alphabet puzzle pieces, shells from an arrangement in our bathroom, and sponges from our paint stash.  



And PS - Add WARM water.  Cool or cold water will make the kids shiver and want to stop playing in, like, five minutes.  Believe me.  I've messed this up a few times.  


Hooray for Alphabet Oceans!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig