Monday, January 21, 2019

2017 Fourth at Grammy + Papa's



The kids had so much fun swimming in Grammy's old cow tank - the same one I swam in growing up!  I still have such fond memories of finding drowned squirrels + dead bugs to be scooped out.  We were such a classy family.


Where do you wake up and immediately go outside, jammies still on, go for a four-wheeler ride, and come back with a belly full of raspberries and hands full of wildflowers?  Grammy's house, that's where.


Charlotte ate all the berries before she could bring any home.  And when I say "ate the berries," I mean she shoveled them by the fist-full into her stained little mouth.  


Later, we went downtown for a bite to eat.  A word of advice: if you see a Star Wars poster in a restaurant window, you should definitely eat there.


Yummy Algerian food.



Remember when Georgia was a tiny + quiet little baby?  Now she is not tiny and she is definitely not quiet, but she IS delightful and full of spunk.


Have you heard of Fourth Fudge?  It is a really brilliant tradition, invented by me, where you go get and eat fresh fudge on the Fourth of July.  


COMIC SANS, you are SO classy.


Okay, I think I am late to the Keebler Cookie S'More party, but now that I'm here, I'm staying forever.


The little park in Elkader is so fun.  Sand, rocks to throw in the river, fishing for daddy + Will and pretty falls to look at.





It wouldn't be a trip to Grammy's in the summer without visiting Papa's airport and watching the spray planes come in and out.  


AND, it wouldn't be the Fourth of July without a Bomb Pop.  

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig