Friday, June 29, 2012

Polyvore and Pinterest Pet Peeves

Friends.  I have a small pet peeve.  I am constantly seeing Pins on Pinterest or posts on blogs that showcase cute outfits.  It is semi-disheartening and mildly annoying when I discover that these cutie pie outfits are overly expensive. Two HUNDRED and FIFTY EIGHT dollars?!  Are you kidding me?


I guess I should probably point out  that MY definition of "expensive" encompasses quite a bit more than the average Joe...or should I say Jane?  Anything over, like 20 or 30 bucks is a big deal to me, folks.  I don't think I've ever actually bought something from J.Crew or Banana Republic OR anything "designer".  I practically grew up in Wal-Mart, so Target it my idea of fancy.

Let me preface all of this by saying that I don't want to portray that having cute clothes is crazy essential.  Because it's not.  There are plenty of other (and much better) ways to allocate your money.  Let's be good stewards of what God has given us, friends.

Otteny Dress - $258 :: Ivanka Trump Wedges - $130 :: Salvatore Bag - $1316 :: Stella & Dot Earrings - $54


Untitled #67

However, with all of that said, I know that there are plenty of ladies who might be interested in ways to cheat the system a bit.  Cute clothes for less.  WAY less.  Like, the dirt-cheap-kind of less.  NOW is anyone with me?  Yes?  Hooray!  Here we go...

The outfit I posted above is over $1800.  

...I think I just fainted...

Here's my version!



Take that, Polyvore and Pinterest!!

I hate the way I feel in heels (or wedges for that matter) so I would probably just throw on some cute sandals instead.  And I would probably skip the tote.  Newsflash: Purses do not have to match your outfit.  At least in my world, they don't.  I buy one cheap purse in some sort of neutral color and use it for every.single.outfit.  :)

Happy Friday, friends!  Don't forget to enter my giveaway!  It closes at the end of the day!!  Click HERE to enter.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig