Friday, March 2, 2012

Pottery, Paper and Piano Keys

My mom bought a potter's wheel and kiln on Craigslist.  Last time I was home, I tried my luck at throwing a little bowl.  Although this picture makes it the process look fun and awesome, it was not the greatest.  

Clay is stubborn; I am impatient.  Clay is messy.  I hate cleaning up messes.  Clay is high maintenance.  I like simple.  For me, it just wasn't worth all the trouble.  I am suddenly more thankful for the sweet man that made one of my favorite speckled coffee mugs.

I'll stick to paper and piano keys.  How I love them both!  
Share:

1 comment

  1. I took a ceramics class in college and it gave me a WHOLE NEW outlook on the phrase, "He is the potter and I am the clay." Hmmm :)

    ReplyDelete

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig