Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Any Occasion, No Fuss Table Runner



I look for excuses to decorate.  Ask my husband.  He will roll his eyes and smile, and he will tell you about my ridiculousness.  Everything turns into an art project (AKA: mess) around here.  

I pride myself in decor and art projects and DIYing that is super cheap and no-brainer.  I don't do fussy, particular sorts of things.  

This little ditty I'm sharing with you today is super, super cheap and crazy no-brainer.  You could be half asleep and totally caffeine-deprived and have one hand tied behind your back and still be successful at this.  Promise.  And...it will set your budget behind about $2.50.  $2.50!!!  Be still, my heart.


You will need...
  • Kraft packing/wrapping paper - I bought mine at the dollar store for, you guessed it, one dollar.
  • White craft paint - $0.50 at Wal-Mart
  • Circle paint brush/dauber thingies - I want to say these were about $0.95 at Wal-Mart, too??
  • A few pieces of tape - raid your junk drawer for this.
Instructions (I hesitate to even write instructions, this is so easy.  Use common sense, people.)
  1. Roll out some kraft paper, cut to fit your table, and tape the ends to the underside of the table.
  2. Dump some white paint on a paper plate or container.
  3. Dip your circle dauber thing in the paint and stamp away!
My paint dried really fast, so I was able to add the rest of my table decorations about 10 minutes later. 

The best part of this table runner is that it is neutral for any occasion.  Pair the kraft and white pattern with just about any color napkin or plate or theme, and it will look fantastic.  

OR, think outside the box!  This would look really fun with BLACK dots for Halloween.  Or maybe forgo the dots for stripes?  Fun.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig