Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Watercolor Fun



I'm no art teacher, but I know what works for my kids.  And, let me tell you, watercolors WORK. 

They are completely foolproof - especially if you use this paper - and even the messiest paintings turn out beautiful.  Two year olds end up with abstract beauties and eight year olds add a sharpie to make something more detailed.  In the end, they all end up fridge-worthy.


I've said this before, and I'll say it again...  Using actual watercolor paper makes all the difference.  It's much more forgiving for younger kids who tend to add a little too much water, and makes every painting more rich and substantial, regardless of age.  (Versus wet and falling apart card stock...)


We use this paper most often, and cheap crayola watercolor paint from our local department stores!


Happy painting, friends!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig