Monday, July 22, 2013

On Pessimism, Instagram, and One Thousand Gifts

thrifted plates | top knots on otherwise bad hair days | dude time - so mama can nap | lazy, slipper-sorts-of-days

1.  I like to think that I am a realist.  I also like to think that I am discerning.  Lately, though, I think I've jumped over the line of realism into pessimism, and over the line of discernment into having a critical spirit.  I think it has something to do with the amount of stress and grief and transition we feel we've been walking through these days.  The fight for joy has been a little tougher than usual!  

2.  I finally jumped on the cah-razy bandwagon and joined Instagram.  Watch out, people.  My only hesitation was that I didn't want my 'gramming to be too frivolous or meaningless.  How could I help to redeem a seemingly shallow form of social media?  Hmm?  How?!

3.  I started to read the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  No, I haven't finished it.  It's a great book, but, for some reason, I've always struggled with non-fiction.  Bleh.  What's wrong with me?  I DO plan to finish it at some point, but I think I've already caught the jist of it all...  Something about how our joy and our fullness from the Lord is directly connected to how much we are thankful and full of gratitude to Him.  Totally true.  

That is why (and this is where I pull all THREE bullet points together - watch this!)...I will be Instagramming some of my personal "one thousand gifts" from the Lord in an effort to continue the fight for joy, invite the Lord to bring about more fullness in my life, be purposeful about gratitude in my "everyday" moments, AND...have some fun.

So, there you have it, folks.  

Join me! - @ldeyounge and/or #onethousandgifts


pen pals | stories and snuggles with will | chubby baby arms & orange stripes | creamy peanut butter
iced tea dates with the hubs | homemade shakes - his and hers | loaded scrambled eggs | will sleeping 7 hours!
aden & anais in the mail! | shutterfly book in the mail! | wildflowers from the hubster | will's book box
skillet fried potatoes | mr. monkey & elephant blankies | guac & netflix night with mark | family

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig