Wednesday, October 9, 2013

No Fuss Memory Keeping & Scrapbooking


These have been my scrapbooking, memory keeping, and picture taking problems...

  1. Thinking of scrapbooking has always made me feel nauseous inside.  Doo-dads, glue sticks, patterned scissors, paper cutters, stickers, overlays, ribbons, paper and paper and paper...  No, no, no.  I do not have time to mess with the little bitty cutsie things.  I do not have the storage space to organize millions of patterned papers and zig zag scissors.  I do not have the mental capacity or patience to create a new layout from scratch, arranging the stickers and pictures and ribbons just perfectly.  It makes me angry just thinking about all of the fuss.  I hate fussing.  
  2. YET, I am a ravenous picture taker...most of the time anyway.  What to do with all of my pictures?
  3. I tried the Shutterfly book thing...  Not for me.  I am a design fanatic, so the pre-programmed layouts and fonts drove me nuts-o.  It also took FOREVER to finish my design because I am a crazy-lady-perfectionist when it comes to these sorts of things.
  4. I have slight hoarding tendencies when it comes to keeping memorable stuff.  Ticket stubs, programs, cute napkins, pen pal letters...stuff that piles and piles up and...gets shoved in shoe boxes, which get shoved in closets, which collect dust and are never seen again.  And...you cannot put these sorts of things in Shutterfly books.  Lame.
  5. I am a hopelessly nostalgic person.  I LOVE remembering, love looking at old pictures, love recounting tiny little bits and pieces of happy experiences and happenings.
SO.  I'm the kind of person that desperately WANTS to scrapbook and keep memories, but I HATE scrapbooking.

Well...I hatED scrapbooking.  Past tense.

Until I found Project Life.  Let me preface this by saying that I am NOT being compensated for this little commercial of sorts.  But, if they DID provide an opportunity to sell Project Life like Mary Kay, I would be selling it like mad and winning myself a pink car in about a month.  I heart it.  It's a relatively new, super approachable, super easy, no fuss way to keep memories and you do NOT have to be creative or buy a ridiculous amount of supplies.  

...and I can't wait to show you what it's like.  Here's a sneak peak!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig