Friday, March 30, 2012

Dead Horses and Epic Fails

I am going to start enforcing a rule...

If Mark says, "Long story short..." to sum up his thoughts, he owes me a nickel.  

I am trying to save him from the dreaded Cliche King title.  Isn't that nice of me?

I probably shouldn't talk though.  Last night I had a cliche Epic Fail in front of my Harp&Bowl team buddies.

I was trying to articulate the fact that I can't get over Isaiah 61.  It's so good.  Like, SO good.  I think I said something like, "I hate to kick a dead horse, but Isaiah 61 is STILL a big deal for me..."

Yikes.  Isaiah 61 and dead horses should not be in the same sentence. 

Epic, epic, epic fail.

Live and learn, right? (wink, wink)

Hold on...is "Epic fail" a cliche, TOO?  Maybe I am worse at this than Mark is...

Do you have funny cliche stories?  

Does anybody know how to get a little accent mark above my e's in cliche?  You'll just have to imagine that they're there for now.
Share:

1 comment

  1. I love Is. 61 - have borrowed his words many times in prayer over the past 5 or 6 years. My frequent and earnest prayer is for my children to become "mighty oaks of righteousness, plantings of the Lord for the display of HIS splendor".

    On an unrelated note... I went on a Friday Night Lights rampage last summer, watching the entire season in like a month (after the kids were in bed and Joe went running - ugh). If we ever get another dog, it shall be a boy dog. And his name shall be "Tim Riggins".

    ReplyDelete

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig