Tuesday, February 7, 2012

II Corinthians 1:3-7

In my suffering, in my affliction, the Lord has been my God of Comfort and Father of Mercies.

I don't necessarily know why I suffered.  I don't really understand all of the reasons behind my afflictions and struggles.  What I DO know, is that God continues to redeem my pain and use it for Good purposes.

He has such a funny way of bringing other people into my life who have struggled and suffered in similar ways as I.  Then, having received His comfort and mercy, I've been able to pass it along to someone else in need.

Every single time those glorious redeeming moments come around, I walk away thinking, "Take THAT, Satan! What you intended for evil purposes...  What you hoped would bring me despair and destruction just turned around and bit you in the butt."

Someone has been blessed, encouraged and given hope.  

I'm remembering that I can't pass on what I haven't already found.  I can't give what I haven't already received.

If you are suffering, know that someday, somehow, the Lord will redeem your pain.  My buddy Louie Giglio says that your own brokenness will become the bow that launches the arrows of the Lord's healing.  

If I am afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation.  If I am comforted, it is for your comfort.

Share in each other's sufferings.  Share in each other's comfort.  Share in each other's healing.

(a II Corinthians 1:3-7 remix)

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig