Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Thanksgiving Playlist & Encouragement

Are you struggling to find something to be thankful for?  I have had a good handful of Thanksgivings when I felt like my life was just plain crappy.  I knew that I should be thankful for things, but in the midst of pain and struggle, I didn't feel thankful.  That bugged me.  I wanted to be thankful - I really did.  In my humanness and hopelessness, I just couldn't muster it up.


For those of you who are in the same boat this holiday, maybe one of my all-time favorite passages will help you out.  This passage literally changed my life.  It is from Lamentations, which is actually tied for my favorite book of the bible (with Job)...  Weird, right?
From Lamentations 3 - “I have become the laughingstock of all peoples, the objects of their taunts…  He has filled me with bitterness…  I have forgotten what happiness is; so I say, ‘My endurance has perished,’  Remember my afflictions and my wanderings…  My soul continually remembers it and it bowed down within me.   But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  ‘The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, ‘therefore I will hope in him.’  The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.  It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.” 
Now, help yourself to some great tunage about the Lord's provision and thankfulness.  Maybe the music will warm your soul up a bit.  As you listen, think about Him.  Sidenote - Most of these songs were part of my wedding ceremony.  The Lord IS good to those who wait for Him.


Come and Listen by David Crowder  



Come Thou Fount by Fernando Ortega



He's Always Been Faithful by Sara Groves



Great is Thy Faithfulness by Chris Rice



Faithful to the End by Cory Asbury



Hallelujah by Cory Asbury



Now that your heart is warmed up, read some good Psalms.  After the Lord brought me out of some of my struggles, I read two different Psalms and smashed them together in my own personal Psalm of Praise.  This was also read at the beginning of our wedding.  Are you sensing a theme? :)


My Psalm of Praise - from Psalm 145 and 126
We will exalt you, our God and King, and praise Your name forever and ever.  Great is the Lord!  He is most worthy of praise!  No one can measure His greatness.  Let each generation tell its children of Your mighty acts; let them proclaim Your power.  We will share the story of Your wonderful goodness; we will sing with joy about Your righteousness.  You always keep Your promises – You are gracious in all You do.  You are filled with kindness.  The Lord grants the desires of all who fear Him.  He hears their cries for help and rescues them.  The Lord has done great things for us!  We are filled with joy.  We will praise the Lord, and may everyone on earth praise His holy name forever and ever.
Happy Thanksgiving, friends!
Share:

1 comment

  1. Mashing Psalms. That is about the coolest thing I've ever heard, Liza. :) Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig