Thursday, August 25, 2011

SUCCULENTS!


I finally have my own little succulent garden!  I have been wanting one for, like, forever.  When a good friend of ours gave us the little coffee pot/cup, I knew what I wanted to do with it immediately.  The Lord is so good - sometimes He provides even the littlest non-important things just because He loves us. I can't wait to hug Him for real.

Anyway, my mom and I spray painted the pot white (I am crazy about white lately) and went to a cute little greenhouse in Canton to find some succulents.  My favorite little guy is the cactus-looking one.  He is a Christmas Cactus and is supposed to bloom around Christmastime.  Isn't that nice of him to celebrate Jesus' birth by blooming?  I think so.

The best part about this tiny garden is that it doesn't require much water...  Which means, when I am absent-minded and busy and forgetful (which is all the time) and don't water it, it will persevere.  It will live!  Hooray. I love it.

Sometimes I move it around the apartment to get the very best sun, and I chat with my new "little buddies".  They are just so darn cute.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The DeYounge Life. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig