Monday, August 22, 2011

REAL BEAUTY: Celebrating with Simple Things...

This picture is very, very rare.  It's a picture of MY toes painted something brighter than light pink, pale peach or taupe.  And, now that I finally conjured up the nerve to paint them bright orangey-coral, summer is almost over.  Figures.  

At Bible Study this summer, we talked off and on about insecurities and our identities in Christ.  I think this is a never-ending topic to process and grow in.  Every year that passes, I am a little more comfortable in my own skin and a little more confident in my identity in Christ.  Orange polish is a way to celebrate!  

It's the little things, right?  I tend to be really critical of how I look, so I play little games with myself in the mornings while I get ready for the day.  Sometimes I force myself to wear things or do my hair in ways that I am uncomfortable with...brightly colored headbands, skinny jeans, patterned shirts, wavy and messy hair, ORANGE polish!  Yikes.  It is one of my stupid little ways to fight satan - to walk out the door and say, "Nope.  You will not second-guess that.  You are fearfully and wonderfully made.  HIS beauty will shine through you."  

Actually, I am not that articulate in the morning...it's usually just, "Get over it.  Wear the orange." 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig