Sunday, February 27, 2011

Young Life Design

Oh, how I love graphic design. I get lost for hours in this stuff. I only have Microsoft Publisher, so I can't do anything very fancy. It's still fun to try to push the limits of the program, though! Someday, I would LOVE to take some classes in graphic design, and would LOVE to splurge and buy some Adobe programs. Mark and I will gladly accept donations, should the Lord lay a certain starving artist on your heart... ;) ;)

My mom and I secretly think we might be descendants from the tribe of Judah:
Exodus 31:1-3 - Then the Lord said to Moses, "See, I have chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills - to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts.

Ha! :) Sidenote, if I could actually pick, I would be from the tribe of Levi. I will spare you with all of the reasons why... ANYWAY, Here's a t-shirt design I just did for Mark and Young Life.

For those of you that care: If you look close, you can tell that I used two different fonts on the "YOUNG LIFE" part. The original font (the O, N, and I) was too distressed to use for every letter, so I filled in with a plain font for the rest of the letters. To get them to look similarly distressed, I saved some of the original font letters as jpegs and cropped them down to small paint spatters or smears. Then layered the spatters and circles on top of the other plain letters - just a longer and less versatile process than what you can do with Adobe Illustrator stuff in two seconds with the layering function (or so I hear...). I got the stars and the circle around the YL from some font dingbats.

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Sweet Liza, Sweet :-D I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey we are looking for a new design for our "hiemstra lawn & snow care llc" shirts... you interested?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. huff... already you're smokin' me. GREAT JOB! ...are you bringing me a brown one in size M? Mom

    ReplyDelete

© The DeYounge Life. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig