Saturday, January 29, 2011

Narnia!

It's not even my birthday yet, and I've been getting spoiled! Mark and I had an early birthday celebration on our Sabbath last week. We went to Mama Lada's Enchiladas downtown (so quaint, eclectic and yummy). We also went to Narnia in the theater - like our 3D glasses?


I LOVE Narnia. I am finally reading the books in order, and I am so addicted. I am a sucker for Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and other epic stories, but Narnia is quickly overtaking them all as my favorite. Those of you who know how much I love Star Wars have your mouths open in surprise now that I am suggesting that another epic story might overtake George Lucas' masterpiece in my list of favorites. Crazy, right? We'll see...it does look promising.

I never really cry when I watch movies...even really dramatic, sappy ones. They just never stir up much emotion for me. However, just about every stinking time I see Aslan, I have to fight back tears. Oh my. I cry at the sight of lions in kids' movies. There is just so, so much about Aslan that represents so, so much of what I love about the Lord. He is not a tame lion. But he is good.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig